Buckland Industries & Business-Love’s Mill, Love’s Store, Love’s Road

In 1797 by petition to the Virginia General Assembly, John Love laid out a grid of lots around the irregular cluster of earlier shops and outbuildings described in this document as “already built upwards of twenty good houses occupied by tradesmen and merchants; considerable manufactories of grain have been erected,” including a stone distillery on Lot Number 29. The petition further recommended “Buckland as a proper place for establishing a town and possessing singular advantages over any other situation within a considerable.” The petition also carefully enumerates all of the natural amenities afforded at this location. The General Assembly established the “fortyeight Lott Plan of the Town of Buckland” on 15 January 1798.
Buckland Subdivision Lots FINAL PLAN